1. Is this your only location?
2. Are all of your products made in Maine?
- In June, 2006 we relocated our store to Portland, Maine's historic Old Port. Our beautiful store, at 111 Commercial Street, is just one block from the Casco Bay Ferry. The Old Port is a unique specialty shopping district that thrives beside the busy commercial fishing businesses and waterfront activities on Portland's harbor. We can glimpse the water, smell the salt air and hear the seagulls from our front door.
3. Where do you find the products that you sell?
- Most of our products are made in Maine, but we also carry an excellent selection of products from "Away," as Mainers say. These complement the locally made items to ensure that cooks have all the best products for their home pantry.
4. Can you locate a product for me that I don't see listed?
- We seek out farmers and food producers throughout the state, in part by word of mouth and in part by going to lots of local fairs and festivals. Maine is a large state geographically, but with a population of just over one million people, word gets around quickly! We work with over 80 Maine producers to keep our shelves stocked with delicious jams, sauces, dips, salsas, snacks, chocolates and other delicious specialty foods.
5. Do you make gift baskets?
- We love being able to find unique items, such as that special jam that your grandmother used to make. We maintain a request list and work very hard to obtain items you have trouble finding. Simply leave your request via email by clicking on our customer service link at the top of this page, or by calling the store (207) 228-2028 and we will update you on whether we are able to locate it for you.
6. How long has your store been open?
- Loads of them. We make gift baskets from any combination of items that you select from our store or website. We can customize them for any occasion and will ship them wherever you require. Click on gift baskets to see our current selection of specialty food gift baskets. Corporate orders are welcome.
7. What credit cards do you take?
- Our original store in the Portland Public Market opened in October of 1998. We moved to Portland's Old Port in June of 2006. If you are interested in learning more about Portland's Old Port, please visit these websites: www.visitportland.com and www.portlandmaine.com.
- We take Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover.